Our CSR policy
Catering is a craft. At least, that’s how Fleur de Mets has tackled the business for nearly 20 years now.
So, it’s only natural that we approach sustainable development with that same vision.
In other words, we engage in CSR like artisans. That means we uphold our commitments day in and day out, by steadily improving thanks to the lessons yesterday brought, by balancing pleasure and need, and by remaining solid, real and authentic.
Because we aim to better protect the planet and safeguard the future of the event sector, we work alongside our clients and our suppliers, rolling our sleeves up to create positive-impact events.”
- Fleur de Mets structures its CSR policy.
- Fleur de Mets aligns with the United Nations Global Compact initiative. (Global Compact).
- Fleur de Mets signs the Diversity Charter.
- Fleur de Mets is two years ahead of the Grenelle II target that sets the obligation of bio-waste sorting and separate collection.
- The United Nations adopts the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Fleur de Mets wins the call for tender to provide catering services to Paris’ climate conference (COP21), an unprecedented, multi-lateral initiative to find solutions to climate change in view of the United Nations convention.
- Fleur de Mets is certified ISO 20121, an international standard for event sustainability management systems.
- Fleur de Mets signs the Corporate -Territory Charter of the Plaine Commune, which is the conurbation authority of Greater Paris. The company commits to growing its local economy.
- Fleur de Mets is hit by the COVID-19 pandemic, the biggest health crisis in a century.
- Fleur de Mets uses the Bilan Carbone® methodology to evaluate and reduce CO2 emissions.
- It proposes a positive-impact solution to encourage its clients to co-create more sustainable receptions.
- The day following the COP26, Fleur de Mets takes the Net Zero Carbon Event pledge. Fleur de Mets renews its ISO 20121 certification on January 1st 2022
.Tangible and ambitious, they are the backbone of the three sustainable development goals we’ve set for the coming years. :
1 – Reduce our greenhouse gas effect.
2 – Promote integration into the workforce by offering job opportunities via knowledge transmission and training.
3 – Strengthen our responsible purchasing approach.
Sorting, recycling and recovery of 100% of our waste.
Innovative solutions (washable, reusable buffet linen, recycled buffets tables, refillable bottles, etc.) dedicated to a circular economy.
Fleur de Mets Carbon Footprint® completed in 2021.
Development of a plan to reduce the company’s GHG emissions with science-based goals.
Development of a GHG emissions calculator > measure and offer decarbonized menus that emit 40% less.
100% of our production site’s electricity comes from renewable sources
100% of the company’s fleet of cars is hybrid and/or electric.
Signatory since our move to Saint-Denis of the Corporate -Territory Charter of the Plaine Commune, a conurbation authority of Greater Paris.
Partnerships and sponsorships created with local players.
Strong HR policy in favour of people with disabilities and those in re-employment programmes through open-term contracts and fixed term contracts for work during receptions
10% of reception service jobs are filled by people with disabilities or those in re-employment programmes (for events with at least 300 guests)
The score for measuring gender equality at work is based on four criteria: pay, merit-based raises/promotions, equality among the 10 highest paid jobs and the number of post-maternity leave raises. Our last score was 93/100.
We provide training (formal annual plan) and offer up knowledge and opportunities to learn about our different professions through work-study contracts, apprenticeships and in-company visits.
Two surveys are conducted every year to measure the job satisfaction of our employees.
100% seasonal products
100% French-origin meat (meal menu)
Our fish is sourced according to Mr. Goodfish recommendations
100% of our butter, eggs, and cream comes from a farm less than 200 km away
Priority is given to products carrying labels that guarantee quality (A.O.C., Fairtrade, Red label, etc.)
100% of our coffee, tea and chocolate is fairtrade
85% of our wine and champagne selection carries labels (‘high environmental value’ and ‘organic’) or is derived from sustainable/biodynamic farming practices
100% free-range eggs
At every stage:
We comply with technical data sheets during production
We upuse produce such as vegetable tops
Bio-waste is composted/methanised
Surplus is donated to associations
Our 2022 CSR policy
Our sustainable development report
Our infographics on positive-impact receptions